The 2018 Swift is one of the most eagerly awaited launches this year. The new Swift promises to take things to a different level while continuing the unabated success stories of the previous versions. Here are 5 things that you didn’t know about the new Swift.
- It looks absolutely mint-fresh-The 2018 Swift looks nothing like the model that it replaces. The design is completely new and fresh although the curvaceous shape is still retained. There are new headlights and tail lights and the nose is freshly sculpted. The 2018 Swift looks sleeker and more attractive in comparison to the previous generation version.
- The engines will remain the same- Even though the 2018 Swift will have radically different exteriors and interiors, the engines will remain the same. The 2018 Swift will have the 1.3 litre diesel and 1.2 litre petrol engines used by the earlier generation with similar outputs. However, in future, Suzuki may consider introducing the 1.5 litre diesel engine as a replacement for the 1.3 litre Fiat-sourced diesel mill. The 1 litre three cylinder BoosterJet engine from the Baleno RS may also be introduced at a later stage.
- There is a stiffer and lighter vehicle chassis- The 2018 Swift makes use of the HEARTECT platform which is also used for the Baleno. The chassis is 10-15% lighter than the previous model, ensuring better performance and mileage. The new platform is 10% extra rigid than the one used in the current Swift. The new Swift will also have wider axle tracks in tandem with a lower center of gravity, lower driver’s hip point and damper and spring settings which are quite similar to the Baleno RS.
- There will be an infotainment system- The SmartPlay infotainment system from Maruti Suzuki will finally make its way into the 2018 Swift. There will be a clean dashboard design with a premium new steering wheel and the touch screen infotainment unit with MirrorLink and Apple CarPlay. The cabin will offer more legroom and boot space will also increase.
- There will be an AMT option- For the very first time, the Swift will get 5-speed AGS (Auto Gear Shift) options for both its petrol and diesel engines. This should make it more appealing to a larger section of buyers.
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell Car Online
The 2018 Swift will be launched at the upcoming Auto Expo which starts from the 7th of February, 2018. Maruti Suzuki has officially opened bookings for the new Swift for an initial amount of Rs. 11, 000.