When every aspect of our lives connected to our Smartphones for very accessibility, it was only a matter of time since someone considered bringing the cars into the fold as well and Nissan has done just that with their NissanConnect platform. Such an information and communication platform was much needed as it can result in enhanced family experience, with the users staying connected with their car more than ever and deriving the maximum out of it.
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell your car in 72 Hours
In a country where families stay in constant touch with each other, NissanConnect has already managed to garner headlines because it can connect more than fifty car features and there is three years of free subscription to be enjoyed as well. There is also a one year warranty that starts from the date of activation of the platform. Android and iOS, along with certain Windows platform can run NissanConnect flawlessly, marking the beginning of Intelligent Mobility in this country. One can use one’s Smartphone to make driving safer and a lot more convenient, turning the car into a more responsive partner.
NissanConnect is available for models like Micra, Sunny and Terrano and according to Arun Malhotra, MD of Nissan Motors India Pvt Ltd, the technology combines the best of technology and the desire for excellence that Nissan embodies, breathing in a fresh bout of innovativeness to how cars are operated in India. The technology is the brainchild of Renault Nissan Technology Business Centre India, a factory fitted Connected Car Technology Solution which comes embedded with a Telematics Control Unit. This in turn is paired with an inbuilt SIM for every car and through a secure server.
Krishnan Sundarajan, MD of Renault Nissan Technology Business Centre India, is of the opinion that the IoT has vastly resulted in the way how users interact with their surroundings and Nissan wants to usher in a new phase with their superior technology for an effortless driving experience, all the while mindful of securing the user’s data.
Check : Car Valuation | New Car Price | Total Cost To Own | Compare Cars
Additional Nissan Connect Features are the following:
- Pit Stops- to help find the nearest furl stations and service centers
- Service Booking- to book a car servicing in advance
- Nissan Event Notify: To keep abreast of the exciting offers from the house of Nissan
- Locate my Car- A feature to know about your car’s whereabouts even when not with it
- Trip Plan: All information pertaining to weather, fastest route, road conditions and the like on fingertips.
- Voice Assist: To help with voice controls of the car
- Speed alert: The app notifies if the driver is speeding
- Geo Fencing: The app notifies if the car moves out of the boundary area
- Curfew Alert: The app notifies if the car moves outside a set time.
- Eco Score Grand Prix: This enables the driver to be the most fuel efficient and also share the leader board across the social world.
- Nissan Community: get in touch with other NissanConnect users and participate in interactive forums and communities.
- Additional features: One can have a number of planned trips with self maintenance checks, roadside assistance and E-call in case of emergencies on the road and trip tagging and also sharing rewards along the way via the Nissan community.
Interested customers have the option of downloading the Nissan App from the app store, according to their phone operating systems, meant for Android, iOS or Windows. The app can then be activated by visiting the nearest Nissan dealer when they purchase their new Nissan car. NissanConnect can also monitor and customize their app through the official website of nissanconnect.in
For news, updates, precise pricing, forums, and more, visit, India's Most Trusted Vehicle Pricing Guide - IBB