5th Gen - Honda CR-V
For first timers sake – First time model is going turbo à manifestation of the popular crossover in its 5th generation!
Check Honda Cars in India
- New design and added features
- Three row seating
- More spacious – longer and wider
- First CR-V to get a turbo engine!
Honda has had a line-up of successful vehicles ranging from the Civic to the Accord and of course, the CR-V. Customers are eagerly awaiting the launch of the upcoming Honda stable of cars, especially the fastest selling and ever-popular SUV, the CR-V.
Also Check : Car Valuation Calculator | New Car Price | Total Cost To Own | Compare Cars
Spellbound by the two primary factors – design and utility, the Indian market boomed for Honda when the 2nd generation of the CR-V was launched. Although it was a petrol engine, its popularity only grew which is why without a second thought; the 3rd and 4th generation models of the car were introduced. After selling approximately 4 million units of the CR-V across the globe since its inception in 1997, we are now getting to experience the 5th generation model!
It’s all about the pleasing the customer and hence, with a few tweaks this new generation CR-V comes with more technology, space, safety features and a tad different styling. But don’t fear the CR-V still looks the way it’s supposed to, like a CR-V – making sure not too stray too far from the proven formula.
Coming to the Exterior
More aggressive, defined fenders and sculpted sides – there’s definitely more visually!
It has added character and what contributes to this? It’s the bonnet which is a little more longish than the prior models and the flared fenders. To give it a more premium and plush look, the vehicle comes speckled with chrome. Additionally, new angles and elements have been given to the front grille. A new system – the shutter grille system has been incorporated which is devised to lower the aerodynamic drag.
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell your car in 72 Hours
Couple of features which are visible are:
- LED daytime running lights.
- Hands free power tailgate which can be activated by a kicking motion.
- 30mm longer, 35mm wider and taller.
- Increased wheelbase of 40mm.
Popping the Hood
The most prominent change is under the hood. It comes fitted with an all-new 1.5L turbocharged petrol engine which has 4 cylinders and produces a power of 190BHP and a torque of 288Nm. There’s always a choice for the buyers, if not this then you can opt for the 2.4L, 4-cylinder engine which produces 184BHP. Both the above mentioned engines will come linked to a CVT.
What’s it Like On The Inside?
The CR-V now comes with three row seating and the increased wheelbase contributes to more spacious cabin.
A load of features too have been added.
- Instrument panel with two new screens – 7 inch touchscreen and a driver interface
- New navigation system which has been developed in collaboration with Garmin
- A volume knob for the music system (touchscreen with a volume knob) unlike the previous models where you had to touch the screen to increase and decrease the volume – a quick task while driving
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Dual zone climate control
- Electric parking brake
- Rear USB charging ports
- Remote start
- Intricately stitched seats
- Upgraded materials
What’s fascinating is that the benchmark of this car was set to the BMW X3 which is certainly quite interesting.
Safety Is Top Priority
To keep you safe, there are a ton of safety features which comprise of:
- Road-departure mitigation
- Collision-mitigation braking
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind spot detection
- Lane keeping assist
- Rear cross traffic monitor
- Automatic high beam headlamps
It’s a perfect blend of old and new which is what adds that extra touch to the 5th generation CR-V. It’s all ready to take on the market all over again, considering the first time it came out was a success. Most definitely, this will have a familiar feel for longtime owners of the CR-V. Well, how can you blame Honda? – sticking to the script was the point; after all they didn’t sell so many CR-Vs for nothing!