A car with a sedan’s comfort, estate’s practicality and capabilities of an SUV - it is what the Swedish motor company Volvo calls the V90 Cross Country. Volvo is all set to bring the first premium station wagon to India. Take a station wagon and jack it up to generate ground clearance comparable to an SUV and also give it AWD capability to wrap it off.
The Volvo V90 Cross Country is primarily a station wagon closely associated with the recently launched S90. The car is almost five meters long and has a ground clearance of 210 mm. Coupled with AWD, this car can be really handy for your weekend getaways.
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell your car in 72 Hours
Inside, you are treated to a plush, premium and well laid out cabin. The dashboard design and materials used are similar to the one spotted on the S90 luxury sedan.
Check : Car Valuation | New Car Price | Total Cost To Own | Compare Cars
Some quick facts:
- Plenty of space, rear legroom is almost similar to what you get on the Mercedes Benz S-Class.
- Boot is as big as you can find on the BIG SUVs (Audi Q7 and Mercedes Benz GLS league).
- 210 mm ground clearance and AWD system to give that ‘go-anywhere’ capability.
- V90 gets extended wheel arches and tough body cladding running around the lower edges to give it a muscular look.
Volvo will be bringing the car in the top-spec D5 trim, with 2.0-litre turbo diesel motor. The engine churns out a peak power of 232 hp and 480 Nm peak torque; the car also gets a proper AWD system along with a host of safety and drive assist features like:
- Pilot Assist
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Distance Alert
- City Safety
- Lane Keeping Aid
- Run-off road Mitigation
- Driver Alert Control
- Run-off road protection
- Electronic Stability Control
- Automatic braking after a collision
- Safety cage in boron steel
- SIPS™ side impact protection system
- Side airbags
- Dual-stage airbags, driver and front passenger
- Inflatable Curtain
- Head restraints
- WHIPS™ whiplash injury protection system
- Protective front seats with energy absorbing seat structure
The car is expected to be launched in the third quarter of 2017 calendar year and will be priced around the INR 65 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi) price range.
If you are looking for an SUV with added practicality of an estate, the V90 is certainly worth looking at. The high seating position of an SUV, AWD, comfort and space of a luxo-barge and the practicality of an estate makes the Volvo V90 Cross Country a capable premium machinery on four wheels.