Mahindra showcased their new G4 Rexton at the recently concluded Auto Expo 2018. The car is essentially the re-branded version of the Ssangyong Rexton G4 SUV.
What to expect from the new G4 Rexton from Mahindra:
- Mahindra will be most probably launching the G4 as Mahindra XUV700.
- The car will be positioned above the XUV 500 and will be top of the line Mahindra SUV in India.
- The car will be imported as CKD and will be assembled Mahindra’s Chakan factory in Pune. X
- The car is expected to hit Indian roads in the second half of 2018 calendar year,
- G4 Rexton will be eyeing the market dominated by the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour but will be priced significantly lower than the competition.
- Powering the G4 Rexton will be 2.2-liter turbocharged diesel engine which is capable of generating 178 hp and a max torque of 420 Nm.
- A 7-Speed Automatic transmission will be standard on the car.
- Expected price: Rs 25 lakh.
- The new SUV will be sold and serviced at Mahindra’s existing network.
- The car will come with a top class cabin with class-leading features and comfort.
- Rexton G4 will leverage Mahindra’s brand reputation in India to win sales numbers.