100BHP for Mahindra TUV300
The Indian automaker, Mahindra launched a new under 2000cc MUV, the TUV300 in September 2015. And in a short span since its release, it has found much favor among auto enthusiasts’. People have appreciated it for its rugged styling and presence, on-road performance and thoughtful pricing.
The TUV300 is more an SUV or MUV under the sub-4 meter category that Mahindra also ventured into and created a space for itself in this segment. The TUV300 is also the first SUV to be retailed in India in an AMT version.
Check Mahindra TUV300 TCO
To date, the TUV300 has retailed 25,000 vehicles and this definitely stands testimony to its performance and capability. To reinforce its presence, to be able to garner more clientele, and based on customer feedback, Mahindra introduced an engine upgrade and released a 100bhp variant for the TUV300 on May 12th 2016.
At present, Mahindra TUV300 retails the 84bhp engine in a 3-cylinder, 1.5L mHawk80 diesel engine version that offers 84bhp @ 3750rpm and 230Nm torque @ 1500 rpm with a 5-speed manual or an AMT gearbox in T4, T6, and T8 variants. From now on, in the lower end, T4, and T6 variants, the 84bhp engine variant continues to be offered. And in the T8 version, both the 100bhp and the 84bhp are made available.
Equipped with the new 100bhp engine, the Mahindra TUV300 would be powered better to for good on-road performance. Both in city and highway driving will see a buoyant performance with this change.
Get to know your new 100bhp Mahindra TUV300
- Mahindra has just launched a more potent, powerful 100bhp engine variant for the TUV300.
- The mHawk100 diesel engine found in its other new, SUV, the Mahindra NuvoSport is also the engine powering the new Mahindra TUV300.
- The torque power is upped and it is 240Nm up 10Nm from the previous 230Nm.
- The TUV300’s 100bhp version is offered only for its Automatic, higher end variants like the T8 and T8 AMT trims.
- The new 100bhp T8 and T8 AMT trims are about INR 8,000 higher than the previous mHawk80-powered T8 and T8 AMT version.
- The 5-speed AMT engine sees an improvisation and is more refined and offers better automatic gear shifting.
- The latest mHawk100 is a 3-cylinder, 1,493cc, 2-stage turbocharged engine.
- The 100bhp power is generated at 3,750rpm and its torque strength is 240Nm @ 1,500-2,800rpm.
- An Eco mode engine is also made available and it relies on the notable Mahindra's micro-hybrid technology. Wherein, the engine operates on a distinctive start-stop method.
- The latest 100bhp engine of the TUV300 is ARAI-certified and offers a fuel efficiency of about 18.49kmpl.
- Both the 5-speed manual gearbox and the 5-speed AMT, automatic manual transmissions are retained from the first 80bhp version.
- Another improvisation and change in the TUV300 would be that the second row seat cushioning is made even better and is more comfortable.
- The ISOFIX determined child seat mounts are also made available.
- The noticeable, ramped up power gives the new TUV300 the boost up it requires to be a perfectly well-rounded vehicle and offers an improved power to weight ratio too.
- The enhanced, powered mHawk100 engine is about 20bhp and about 10Nm more powerful than the first mHawk80 engine of the TUV300.
- The new TUV300 T8 100bhp variant is priced at INR 8, 86,792 lakhs and the T8 AMT 100bhp variants is priced about INR 9, 60,319 lakhs respectively.
The specs of the new Mahindra TUV300
- 3995 mm length
- 1835 mm width
- 1839 mm height
- 2680 mm wheelbase
- 384 liters boot space
- 3-cylinder, 1,493cc, 2-stage turbocharged diesel engine
- 100bhp power@3750rpm
- 240Nm torque@1500-2800rpm
- ARAI Mileage 18.49kmpl
Read about IBB Verdict for TUV300 along with infographic
The main features of the TUV300
- Dual airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Manual AC
- Electric ORVM adjustment
- Cornering headlamps
- Tilt Steering
- Reverse parking sensors
- Driver seat height adjustment
- Good build quality
- Good cabin spacing
- Is a 7-seater
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Touchscreen infotainment system
Adding repertoire to the Mahindra TUV300
Offering customer's more choice, Mahindra has said that the TUV300 will be made available in both variants, the new 100bhp and the previous 84bhp version as well.
Also read Mahindra TUV300 Success Factors
On May 12th 2016, at the launch of the new TUV300bhp equipped with the new mHAWK100 engine, the President and CEO (Automotive) of M&M Ltd., Mr. Pravin Shah said it all, "At Mahindra it has always been our endeavor to incorporate consumer insights and feedback and hence we are happy to introduce the more powerful TUV300 with the mHawk100 engine. With over 25,000 TUV300s on Indian roads, it has emerged as a strong player in its segment. Further the TUV300 AMT T8 variant will offer a more thrilling drive with the upgraded power. With its all new powerful engine as well as a winning combination of bold true-blue SUV design, premium and elegant interiors, superior driving pleasure and best in class safety; the TUV300 will become an even more compelling value proposition for our customers."