Maruti Suzuki's popular compact car Wagon R has targeted two million units in cumulative wholesales in the 18 years since its launch. It was launched in 1999, and since then, the Wagon R continues to feature among the top five best selling cars in the country for the last 10 years. In the year 2011, the Wagon R scored its first million sales, nearly 133 months after its launch. The model took five years to clock a cumulative 100,000 units in 2004 but had a leap of half a million in the next four years. It went from one million units to 1.5 million units between 2011 and 2014 and took even less time which is just three years, to hit its next milestone of two million units by 2017.
Check : Car Valuation | New Car Price | Total Cost To Own | Compare Cars
A little more about Wagon R –
- According to Maruti, about 45 percent customers choose the Wagon R as their first car, which makes it second to the Alto entry-level hatchback. The automaker also says that nearly 20 percent of Wagon R customers have purchased the car multiple times.
- Since its inception, the Wagon R has been ahead of all its contemporaries. Its comfortable seating arrangements coupled with spacious interiors superior fuel efficiency, practicality and pleasure of driving have made it a popular choice. In order to hold onto the position, Maruti Suzuki has systematically upgraded the brand with new design and features.
- Needless to say, the Wagon R has always been topping the sales chart. Despite intensified competition in small car space, the Wagon R continues to be the preferred choice of the practical car buyers.
- The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R registered its first million sales figure in 2011, and its popularity has only increased further in the recent years.
- Apart from first time buyers, the company has also found a dominant space amidst fleet owners which has also contributed to the sales figure. After that the next one million sales mark was registered in just 79 months.
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell Car Online
Over the period of time, Maruti Suzuki has been sensible enough to introduce features like multiple fuel options, dual airbags, ABS, premium interiors and the highly successful Auto Gear Shift or the AMT transmission on the Wagon R. The car got launch back in 1999 but the first million sales were reached in 2011. The Wagon R is no doubt one of the highest sold cars in India and is always in high demand.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R has been truly the blue-eyed car for many of its customers or car lovers with nearly 45 percent of Wagon R customers being first time buyers, while 20 percent of Wagon R customers have purchased the car on multiple occasions. It is so because, the car is easy to handle, comfortable to ride and most importantly, the car is always updated with latest technologies to cope up with the market demand. The Maruti Wagon R has been immensely successful in cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Ahmedabad and Bangalore and to a certain extent also in Kolkata.