Lamborghini has finally brought the Urus SUV to India, its second-such SUV model and this demonstrates the company’s commitment towards the Indian market and recognition of the market potential here. There is a lot to expect from the new Lamborghini Urus which is a five seater SUV with a more practical design and will perform well both on poor roads and also on the track.
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell Car Online
Here’s what you can expect from the new Lamborghini Urus-
- The Urus makes use of the MLB platform which is used for cars like the Porsche Cayenne, Bentley Bentayga and Audi Q7.
- The Urus is a performance oriented vehicle with the central turbocharger positioned in proximity to the combustion chambers for heightened responses from the engine; there is higher center of gravity according to Lamborghini.
- The Urus has a Twin Turbo V8 4.0 litre engine which is the first such turbo mill in the entire history of Lamborghini!
- The Urus also offers rear wheel steering for improved handling.
- The engine dishes out 641 BHP and 850 Nm and the Urus can touch 100 kmph in 3.6 seconds and 200 kmph in 12.8 seconds.
- There is an 8-speed torque converter along with torque vectoring rear differential and central torsion differential 4WD.
- There is an adaptive suspension system which can be tweaked to meet requirements of racing tracks and poor roads alike.
- Top speed stands at 305 kilometres per hour which is impressive, considering the Urus’ weight of 2.2 tonnes.
- The design is almost similar to the concept with a few tweaks and more practicality.
- There are standard 21-inch wheels along with 23-inch options.
- The Urus launched today on the 11th of January, 2018 which makes it just 38 days after the car received its global premiere. This is something amazing for the Indian luxury car market in general!
The Lamborghini Urus is also expected to be a hot-seller for the brand which currently notches up close to 3, 500 units in annual sales. The Urus should help Lamborghini scale up to 7, 000 units annually as per reports.