An electric car which is easy to ride and customers can do so enjoying the special incentives offered by the Government of India.
- Now the e2o plus has four doors!
- Four variants – P2, P4, P6 & P8
- Increased wheelbase
- Revised front grille which is similar to other portfolio vehicles
- Improvement is seen in charging time, power and range
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell your car in 72 Hours
Working towards a greener world and working towards growing the electric car market, Mahindra is the only home-grown automaker who is a go-getter in the electric vehicles market. The automaker’s electric vehicle portfolio has grown sizably in the last few years. And Mahindra is only adding to its list of electric vehicles. This year, we first laid eyes on the e-Verito, then the e-Supro van now we get to see the e2o Plus which is similar to the 2-door e2o hatchback except that it has 4 doors now!
There are three variants that are made available and they will be priced INR 5.46 lakhs to INR 8.46 lakhs.
Since the e20 plus is an all-electric vehicle, customers get to enjoy specials incentives that are offered by the Government of India under the FAME initiative (Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric). With aims of making India a greener tomorrow, Mahindra is focussing its electric car segment purely on the Indian market and has no plans of going global or exporting its electric vehicle line-up anytime soon.
Must check: Compare Cars in India
If these vehicles interest you and you too are looking to go green, check out other hybrid and electric vehicles on the Indian Blue Book auto portal. Stay updated!
Getting back to it, let’s have a look all-around the car (exteriors) and let’s step in as well (interiors) to give you the right feel.
- Firstly, to kick things off, according to Mahindra, the cabin space has been increased to over 150L which makes the car spacious indeed.
- A new grille has been enforced which now makes this vehicle akin to the remaining vehicle portfolio of Mahindra.
- There is an increase in in the dimension – length is now 3590mm up by 310mm and wheelbase is 2258mm which makes it more by 300mm.
- A navigation system which is GPS enabled.
- On-board computer for sending out warning signals regarding the driver’s driving range.
- Responsive and easy to use touch screen monitor.
- A feature from the e2o is being carried over and it’s called ‘Revive.’ Its basic usage is that you get an additional 7-10kms range in case your battery goes below 10%. A simple touch of a button on the e20 plus app on your smart phone activates this feature. This app additionally allows you to engage in a host of other features like unlocking/locking the vehicle and turning on/off the AC.
A Look under the Hood
This 4-door vehicle is scheduled to be released in four variants – P2, P4, P6 and P8. In this, the P2 variant has been earmarked as a fleet vehicle, more to be used as a cab and is reserved for this purpose.
Coming To the Specs
The first three – P2, P4 and P6 are driven by a 48V battery pack which powers a motor that is rated at 19kW and a torque of 70Nm. The top speed on these variants is 80kmph and they can go from 0-60kmph in about 14.1 seconds. On the other hand, the P8 runs on a 48V battery and packs a more powerful punch of 30 kV and a torque of 91Nm. This one has a top speed of 85kmph and goes from 0-0kmph in 9.5 seconds.
Check value of your car at Indian Blue Book
Plug It in – Charge
The fleet car variant, P2 and the high-end P8 both come with a fast charging option. A full charge in the P2 can be achieved in 1 hour and 15 minutes while in the P8 it takes about an hour and 30 minutes. On the other hand, the other variants – P4 and P6 do not support the above function and takes about 6 hours to get fully charged. The range of the first 3 variants is 110kms and the P8 is 140kms.
Mahindra is all set to take on the festive season with a bang and make a big comeback! And thoughtfully it is the electric car segment. This festive season, do the right thing, go ‘green’ and get the e2o Plus which is sure to grab attention!