Mahindra is foraying into the ‘BIG League’ of SUVs dominated by the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour with their G4 Rexton. And, this time it will come with the trusted and popular Mahindra brand instead of the Ssangyong brand.
Top five facts about the Mahindra G4 Rexton:
1. Name: As mentioned before the car will wear a Mahindra brand instead of the Ssangyong brand in India. It is speculated the car will be named as the XUV 700. Mahindra has tweaked the design in line with Mahindra’s design language.
2. Positioning: Mahindra will be positioning the car above their massively popular XUV 500 and will be top of the line car in the Mahindra stable.
3. Features and Comfort: The car comes loaded to gills when it comes to features and occupant comforts. The car will come with a 9.20-inch HD touchscreen with Android Auto and AppleCarPlay smartphone connectivity, 360-degree camera, keyless entry, cooled seats, Nappa leather draped interiors, keyless entry, smart tailgate and a whole host of features.
Must Read: Mahindra G4 Rexton (XUV700): What to expect?
4. Mechanicals: The car is built on a body-on-frame chassis and is a massive SUV measuring 4.85 meters in length, 1.96 meters in width, and 1.83 meters in height. The car will be powered by a 2.2-liter e-XDi220 diesel engine that is capable of developing a max power of 187 hp and a peak torque of 420 Nm.
5. Competition: With the G4, Mahindra will lock horns with the heavyweights; the king of the league Toyota Fortuner and the able Ford Endeavour. Mahindra is expected to launch the car with an attractive price tag, significantly undercutting the competition. Couple it with Mahindra’s reputation in building rock-solid and reliable SUVs this car is really going to garner some serious numbers in the premium SUV segment.