The new Volvo XC60 SUV has created a stir in the Indian market and there are several things that you may not know about the car. Here are the top 5 things you did not know about the Volvo XC60.
- The new XC60 SUV makes use of the SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) platform from Volvo and this modular platform is also used for premium offerings like the V90, XC90 and S90.
- The XC60 gets a wheelbase that is 4.2 inches shorter in comparison to the Volvo XC90 but still manages to be 3.6 inches longer as compared to the earlier XC60 model. This ensures enhanced legroom at the rear. The XC60 is thus wider, longer and even shorter as compared to the outgoing model.
- The XC60 will come only in the D5 Inscription trim for the Indian market with a diesel engine option. There will be the twin-turbo four-cylinder sub-2L diesel mill that makes 235 hp and 480 Nm.
- There will be radar-based driver safety features including adaptive cruise control, semi-autonomous parking, lane departure warnings, pilot assist, blind spot assist and so on.
- The XC60 comes with a Bowers & Wilkins audio setup that comprises of 15 speakers which will definitely complement 9-inch infotainment system complete with Sensus navigation and Android Auto/Apple CarPlay compatibility.
Also Read: New Generation Volvo XC60 launched in India
The new XC60 will have the signature T-shaped LED headlights and Thor’s Hammer LED daytime running lights. The SPA platform has allowed Volvo to offer the XC60 in a more affordable avatar. The XC60 will compete with the likes of the Audi Q5, Mercedes-Benz GLC and BMW X5 in the Indian market. The XC60 will also get a petrol version later in 2018 as per reports and local assembling will also commence from the company’s plant at Bangalore. Volvo is also gearing up to launch the XC40 SUV in the country in the second half of 2018.