When it comes to sheer volume of car sales in India, there exists a duopoly in India. The Indian car scene is undoubtedly dominated by two players: Maruti Suzuki and the Hyundai. All the top 10 cars sold in India are shared by just these two companies.
Even on that list, the top 5 are cars from the Maruti-Suzuki stable. Maruti Suzuki Alto with a staggering 2.58 lakh is the largest selling car in India in the fiscal year 2017-18.
Some Interesting IBB Facts
- One in every two cars sold in India is a Maruti Suzuki
- Maruti Suzuki Alto is the largest selling car in India
- Maruti Suzuki Dzire + Maruti Suzuki Swift contributes to the largest selling car platform in India
- There are no sedans in the top 10 list
- Maruti Suzuki produces one Alto every two minutes
- Compact cars contribute 68% of the total car sales