The Mahindra Scorpio facelift has been spied several times and once again the upcoming SUV has been spotted in India. The 2017 version will be coming up later this year. On the whole, the design of the Scorpio facelift will largely remain similar to the present model.
The features to be added –
- The updated 2017 Mahindra Scorpio is partially camouflaged at the front but it reveals the exterior.
- The new one is likely to be equipped with a redesigned front grille with chrome finish, revised headlamps with front bumper that will get horizontally positioned air vents.
- The revamped Scorpio will be equipped with cosmetic updates but will be powered by the same engine options that power the existing model.
- The rear of the Mahindra Scorpio facelift will get revised tail lamps and bumper along with new 16-inches alloy wheels.
- The cabin of the new updated Scorpio is expected to feature new seat upholstery as well as a 7-inches touchscreen infotainment system that will be compatible with Android Auto.
Check: Car Valuation | New Car Price | Total Cost To Own | Compare Cars | Used Car Price
The Mahindra Scorpio is all set to receive a facelift in India this year and a test mule of the updated SUV was recently spotted again. This is indeed exciting news for car lovers! This year’s Mahindra Scorpio facelift will have few striking cosmetic updates along with a restructured interior with few upgraded features as well. The company is offering some lucrative features to this new version of Mahindra Scorpio which make it even more desirable in every sense. The 2017 Scorpio facelift will also get a more efficient 6-speed auto gearbox, while the power train options will probably remain unchanged. This time Mahindra Scorpio facelift was spotted by certain portals in Nashik and the images reveal certain changes at the rear of the new Scorpio.
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell Car Online
Based on the new spy images of the Mahindra Scorpio facelift, it can be deciphered that the main changes made to the exterior of the car will remain quite minimal, especially the rear portion. While Mahindra has camouflaged the tailgate and the rear bumper, which indicates they might receive some restyling, the rest of the rear section is identical to the outgoing model. The all-new 2017 Mahindra Scorpio facelift is being expected to be powered by the same tried and tested 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that delivers out a maximum of 120 bhp and develops a peak torque of 280 Nm. The 5-speed manual gearbox will probably come as standard. Besides, the company will provide an Aisin-sourced 6-speed automatic torque converter with this new model, which currently does duty on the XUV500.
Adding to all these factors, this should also be mentioned that recently, Mahindra and Mahindra entered into a strategic alliance with Ford Motor Company for an initial period of three years. According to this strategic alliance, both the companies are expected to work on mobility programmes, connected vehicle projects and product development. This deal will certainly help Ford company to improve its reach within India, while it will also help Mahindra to expand in the international market.
For news, updates, precise pricing, forums, and more, visit, India's Most Trusted Vehicle Pricing Guide - IBB