The all new Nissan Terra SUV was launched by the Japanese carmaker in Philippines, for the South East Asian country. Industry insiders are of the opinion that this offering is the perfect rival to the likes of Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, and even the Isuzu MU-X in India. While the new Terra is currently being offered only for the Chinese and Philippines market, it will soon be launched in other South East Asian markets as well. The Indian automobile market is likely to usher it in by the end of this year or early next year.
Amidst all these assumptions, there are certain important things that one should know about the all new Nissan Terra SUV-
- It is equipped with a ladder-frame chassis and is based on the Nissan Navara pick-up truck.
- Nissan will introduce this SUV in Thailand and Indonesia during this fiscal year, which will soon be followed by the markets of Brunei, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam. India is expected to get it by next year.
- The new Terra SUV will be built at Nissan’s production hub in Thailand for the South East Asian market.
- The 7-seater car is accompanied by a full flat second row seat folding and tumbling function.
- The new Nissan TerraSUV also features a five-link coil spring rear suspension system and rigid rear wheel axle, promising comfort and convenience.
- For the Philippines market, the Terra SUV will get a 2.5 litre, 4 cylinder diesel engine that develops 188bhp of max power and 450 Nm of peak torque. The engine will come coupled to a 6-speed manual and 7-speed torque converter automatic transmission.
- The ground clearance offered by the SUV is 225mm. It measures 4885mm in length, 1865mm in width and 1835mm in height. The approach and departure angles are 32.3 degrees and 26.6 degrees, respectively.
- The cabin comes with a touchscreen system for the centre console, dual pod instrument clusters with a MID unit and a black and grey themed interior. Buyers can also expect an eight-way power adjustable driver’s seat and 60:40 split, folding seats.
- As far as safety features are concerned, Nissan offers the Intelligent Mobility System in the new Terra that encompasses lane departure warning, blind spot warning, and intelligent around view monitor with moving object detection. What’s more, this car is also the first SUV with smart rear view mirror, allowing the driver unobstructed views from a camera mounted at the back.
- Once launched, the SUV will pose a tough battle to the likes of Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour, and Isuzu MU-X in India.
However, the Terra does miss out on certain equipments that are offered by its rivals, such as a sunroof and autonomous driving aids.