Not much time has passed this year and also we see the automobile industry booming with new car launches. A number of acclaimed automakers like – Toyota, Ford, Jeep, Maruti Suzuki, Tata, Hyundai, BMW and Mercedes have joined in the race.
Some of these 2018 newbies of the automobile world include –
- Jeep Compass Trailhawk – This is latest top spec model brought to you by Jeep. It rivals the Mahindra XUV500. It comes with a 2.0-litre diesel motor producing a power output of 170hp. Bookings have opened for this model.
- Volvo XC40 – This is scheduled to come out in July 2018. It comes with a 0-litre, four-cylinder diesel producing a power output of 190hp and a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine with a power output of 247hp. Eight-speed automatic gearboxes are installed in both the variants.
- New Maruti Ertiga – This is scheduled to come out in August 2018. It has increased dimensions in comparison to the old model. It comes with a high-set nose and front bumper. The car comes installed with massive sized 16 inches wheels. The engines installed will be a 1.5-litre petrol or a 1.3-litre diesel unit.
- Bentley Continental GT – This is the third generation of Grant Tourer brought to you by Bentley. It is based on the MSB (modular standard drivetrain) platform developed by Porsche. The car comes with 6.0-litre twin-turbocharged W12 petrol engine which makes the car propel from 0 to 100kph in just 3.7 seconds with a top speed of 330kmph.
- New Honda CR-V – Honda brings in the new 7 seater CR-V this year. It is a third generation model and comes with a 1.6-litre diesel engine with a power output of 160hp.
- New Mahindra Rexton (XUV700) – The car comes with a new and better chassis. Other installations in the car include - LED DRLs, a slim hexagonal grille, LED fog and cornering lamps and 20-inch alloy wheels.