It has been just six months into 2018, and the India automobile market has already been witnessing a launching spree by high-end and mass market carmakers alike. Further, the latter half of the year is going to be no less exciting for car-lovers, thanks to the large number of new introductions that are soon to happen.
Here are some of the new launches you can expect in the next few months-
- Ford Figo, Aspire facelift- the updated Figo hatchback and Aspire compact sedan will come with some cosmetic changes, both on the exterior as well as the interior. While the Figo is expected to be launched in July, the hatchback will arrive later this year.
- Jeep Compass Trailhawk- the new top-spec trim of Jeep’s Mahindra XUV500 rival, this has already opened its bookings, and the manufacturing has started at FCA’s plant in Ranjangaon. The big news centred around this offering is that, it will offer a diesel-automatic variant for the first time.
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift- along with certain changes on the inside and out, the new model is expected to sport a new K15B petrol motor. The new 1.5 litre motor will produce 12hp and 8.4Nm more than the current 1.4litre engine. This will enable the Ciaz to compete more strongly with the likes of Toyota Yaris, Hyundai Verna, and Honda City.
- New Maruti Ertiga- longer and slightly wider than the outgoing model, this second-generation model will get a more upright stance, with a high-set nose and front bumper. At launch it will be powered by the new 104hp, 1.5 litre petrol and a 1.3 litre diesel.
- New Honda CR-V- having made its debut at the Auto Expo 2018, this car will impress buyers with its seven-seat configuration. Also, unlike its predecessor, it is expected to host a new 120hp, 1.6 litre diesel engine option. It is likely to rival Hyundai Tucson and Jeep Compass, and may also get a new nine-speed automatic.