The Honda Civic has always been one of India’s favourite cars. And this year it is being reincarnated after 6 long years. This time, Honda is launching a whole new updated upmarket version of Civic.
Also Read: New Honda Civic - What To Expect
- The 8th generation of Civic was launched in India by Honda in the year 2008. It had a good 5 year run when in 2013 the car was discontinued owing to a lack of diesel engine option. Its rivals took advantage of the lack of diesel option for the car and evidently took over. The 10th generation Civic witnessed its global debut in 2015 and that is yet to be launched in the market by Honda later this year with modifications here and there.
- The new Civic is obviously going to be a revamped version of the last one. It will come with a coupé-like roofline and a notchback rear section. It will also be having a chrome grille and LED headlamps. The interiors will contain impressive metallic highlights.
- The new Civic is supposed to come with a new and improved chassis that will give the car a sophisticated look not witnessed before in the other Civics. It is made of high-strength steel which has increased rigidity.
- One can get options of a number of variants of engine with the new Civic. It ranges from a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol to a naturally aspirated 2.0-litre petrol engine. The new Civic is expected to bring in its previous engine which is a 1.8-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine with a horsepower of 140hp. The engine of the new Honda Civic is to be made BS-VI-compliant. The main attraction of the new Civic will be the new 1.6-litre diesel engine which comes from the list of Honda’s Earth Dreams engine series.
- The price of the new Civic will range from 16 to 20 lac. It will rival the Toyota Corolla Altis (Rs 16.27-20.01 lakh), the Skoda Octavia (Rs 16.03-24.49 lakh) and the Hyundai Elantra (Rs 13.29-19.34 lakh).