The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 was launched at the 2018 Auto Expo and improves an already popular and premium hatchback that has been consistently entering best-seller lists for a long time now. The facelifted Elite i20 gets quite a few new features along with a refreshed look. The 2018 i20 comes with the same engines as the previous model. However, the 1.4 litre petrol engine option has been discontinued for the Elite i20. This engine was previously paired to a 4-speed automatic transmission unit. Hyundai will be introducing a CVT option for the 1.2 litre petrol engine sometime in May, 2018, as per reports.
Check: Car Valuation | New Car Prices | Total Cost To Ownership | Compare Cars
Here are the top 10 features of the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20:
- Design- The front fascia has been slightly revamped in case of the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20. There is a new bumper along with a bigger grille. The revamped front bumper blends with the LED daytime running lights and projector headlamps. There is the semi-floating roof motif that looks attractive while the rear tail lamp unit has been redesigned and so has the rear bumper. The number plate housing has shifted to the tailgate from the bumper.
- 7-inch Touch screen Infotainment System- The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 now comes with a 7-inch touch screen infotainment system which is new. This bigger unit also gets Android Auto and Apple CarPlay compatibility along with navigation.
- Cluster Ionizer- There is a new cluster ionizer for the AC and climate control system. This helps in hassle free deodorization and purification of the interiors.
- Rear AC vent- There is a brand new rear AC vent which will go a long way towards ensuring superior comfort in the hot summer months.
- Sliding front armrest- There is a brand new sliding armrest placed in the front of the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 for more driver and front passenger convenience.
- Safety Features- There is standard ABS with dual airbags across the entire lineup. The top-end variant comes with ISOFIX child seat mounts and 6 airbags. There is a speed sensing door lock and power windows that automatically roll down in case of any obstacle detection.
- Reserve Parking Camera- The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 comes with the reverse parking camera which makes it easier to park in congested spaces without any hassles.
- Auto-Link- This handy feature is basically a nifty mobile app through which car owners can access all necessary details about the car including Hyundai service assistance and maintenance information.
- Two-Tone Color Option- The 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 now gets two-tone color schemes in orange, red and white with the blacked out pillars and roof.
- Instrument Cluster- The instrument cluster now gets the TFT display for greater convenience.
Some of the other new features in the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 include the smart pedal and automatic headlights in tandem with a two-tone color scheme for the interiors (optional). There are auto-folding ORVMs along with a cooled glovebox as well.