With a target of further expansion of its SUV lineup, Mahindra & Mahindra has been planning to bring in a long wheelbase version of the TV300 in India. This is supposed to be named Mahindra TUV500 and this brand new SUV will share its platform, engine and design elements with its counterpart model - TUV300. Measuring under 4-metres, the TUV500 will be having 7-seats layout and offer a more generous cabin space for occupants.
Think your car deserves a better price? Sell your car in 72 Hours
The compact long wheelbase version is expected to get smaller boot space. As far as features are concerned, the TUV500 will be more loaded than the TV300. The SUV might come with foldable second and third row seats, auto climate control along with rear AC vents and possibly a touchscreen infotainment system. The power source for the new Mahindra TUV500 is supposed to be the same 1.5-litre mHawk diesel engine that does duty in the TUV300. This motor churns out a top power of 100bhp and 240Nm of torque.
Mahindra might also introduce the 1.99-litre mHawk and 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engines on the SUV. Transmission options on offer will include a 5-speed manual and AMT gearbox. The interior is supposed to be getting auto climate control and a touchscreen infotainment system. Interiors is expected to sport a dual tone in black and beige and the central console will be finished with a piano black theme and there will be forward facing third row seats.
Check : Car Valuation | New Car Price | Total Cost To Own | Compare Cars
- Length, Width and Height will be 4400, 1706 and 1542 mm, respectively.
- The 1.5 L mHawk is likely to be carried over; the TUV500 can also share its engine with the Scorpio.
- The TUV500 however will be possibly getting the Manual Transmission only.
- Mahindra could extend the tail a little to accommodate a third row of seats.
- Apart from the extended tail, the rest of the UV will largely be similar to that of the compact SUV.
- New additions to the features might include a new alloy wheels design and LED daytime running lights.
- The Mahindra TUV500 is seen with boxy style and features, very similar to those featuring in the TUV300.
- The differences lie in the extended rear overhangs and fixed window in third row.
- A multi info display and multi function steering wheel could also be a part of its interior features.
It will be interesting to see how Mahindra positions it with respect to their other products, especially the Scorpio, which retails in the Rs. 10-15 lakh bracket. The TUV300 and NuvoSport are priced between Rs. 7 and 10 lakh. If reports are to be believed, the new model is not too far from completion. The TUV500 will also receive raised shoulder lines, high ground clearance, new front grille design with chrome accents, almost square wheel arches and a rear mounted spare wheel. These are definitely lucrative features added to the model. All these together make the market value a notch higher. The upcoming Mahindra TUV500 is expected to hit the showroom by early next year.