Android Auto may soon be available in your existing car!

Back to Android Auto may soon be available

Android Auto may soon be available in your existing car!

nehamehta2344
nehamehta2344

Hello everyone.
I think this forum is very helpful for people who love cars and are interested to know more about the various aspects of cars and bikes. The information that you provide here is extremely helpful.
Today I would like to know about Android Auto which is expected to be soon available for our cars. What is it all about can you please help me with a clear picture of this new thing?
Best Regards
Neha Mehta

subramanian_subu
subramanian_subu

Hi Neha, thanks for following Indian Blue Book forum.
Yes Android Auto is quite an interesting thing that is being expected to land up very soon.
If you wish to drive a car which comes with Android Auto, there are two options that you have at hand currently. You can either purchase a vehicle that is compatible with the Android Auto or install an infotainment system in your existing car that is compatible with Android Auto. As of now, both propositions are quite expensive, not to mention the limitation of options.
It is indeed great that Google is reportedly working to simplify the interface of this upcoming thing that is sure to be a great hit with car enthusiasts. Once the interface is simplified, a car phone holder and USB cable would be all that you would need to implement the Android Auto then. Google Now works quite well and the advantage of Google for navigation purposes over MapMyIndia (for example) is the capability to display live traffic on the roads. That is perhaps the main use of it. Currently, I am use a 3G Wifi hotspot in my car, so that I can allow streaming of Net radio and get live traffic updates in real time.

Best Regards,
Subu

mahesh.mehtac17
mahesh.mehtac17

Hello all, this is what if managed to find out after some R and D on the Internet. There is an app called Automate.
This is the link to the app - App Link

This app which can be downloaded from Google Play Store does a fantastic job currently and can be used on all Android phones which support version 5.0 and above. I am using this app while driving my car, and i am also waiting for an upgrade of my car to support Android Auto.

Best Regards,
Mahesh Mehta

Last updated 4 years ago

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply