Confused between Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 and Hyundai Eon

Back to Alto 800 and Eon

Confused between Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 and Hyundai Eon

shikha.mehta251
shikha.mehta251

Hi there!

I am a regular follower of IBB forum. I am planning to buy a car and am feeling confused between Alto 800 and Hyundai Eon. Can you help me with your inputs and suggestions? I’ve been keeping a track of most of the queries that are posted here, and their replies. I am quite hopeful of gaining some valuable info from this community that might help me make a choice between these two cars.

Best Regards,
Shikha Mehta

aditya23.m57
aditya23.m57

Hi Shikha,

You may already know that one of the major advantages of Hyundai Eon over the older Alto was the former’s much modern looks and far better interiors, however, with the new Maruti Alto 800, the Eon has got a real competitor. I will try to highlight some salient comparative features of both the cars from my knowledge. These points may give you some concrete idea.

When it comes with exteriors and interiors, it is true that Maruti Alto 800 looks much better than its older version, but if we compare it with Eon’s fluidic design language, the new Alto doesn't lags behind. The top end variant of Alto 800 comes with 12 inch tyres while the Eon top end variants come with larger 13 inch wheels. Eon also has fog lamps, which are missing in Alto 800. The overall design of Eon looks more rounded and curvy, while the Alto 800 looks more chunky and sharp, which is why I prefer the looks of the former. The rear of the Eon is also sportier. Coming to the interiors, while Alto 800 has got a lot of improvements over its previous generation, the interiors of Eon seems better finished and with much more pleasing color tones and build quality. The door trims, steering wheel design, fabric trims and color theme, inside door handles, etc. look much more appealing in Eon.

As far as engine specifications are concerned, both Maruti Alto 800 and Hyundai Eon are equipped with 3 cylinder MPFI petrol engine and 5 speed manual transmission. However, Alto 800 has a lower power and torque output. As far as I know, the power to weight ratio of the Eon still stands slightly better.

For comprehensive comparison - Compare Maruti Alto 800 & Hyundai Eon

Best Regards,
Aditya Mehta

ramesh.krishnanmac19
ramesh.krishnanmac19

Hi Shikha,

I’ve also been in a dilemma between these two cars since quite some time now. However, the people I consulted were of the opinion that though both the cars are quite comfortable considering their performance, ride quality and handling, the Alto 800 comes with slightly stiffer suspension. I think the ride quality will be more comfortable in Eon on bad roads, though if you compare the overall handling, none is a clear winner, as both these cars give decent performance at moderate speeds. If we consider the price of these two cars, there is not much difference. So, I can just say that if you’re looking for a low cost small car with lower maintenance and Maruti brand name, then Alto 800 should be your pick, but if you want better styling and more attractive interiors and features, then you should go for Hyundai Eon. At a slightly higher price, you can get higher quality and performance.

Best Regards,
Ramesh Krishnan

1-3 of 3

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply