General Motors to Discontinue Enjoy MPV Soon

Back to Chevrolet Enjoy MPV

General Motors to Discontinue Enjoy MPV Soon

aki007016
aki007016

Hi guys,
I am a keen follower of this forum and really find all your info and tips very useful.
I have a question today regarding the MPV Enjoy by Chevrolet. I came to hear that General Motors has got plans to discontinue this car. Is it true?

mahesh.mehtac17
mahesh.mehtac17

Hi Akki,
yes I have also come to hear of this news and after checking with few others and doing some research myself, I have confirmed that it is indeed true that General Motors has planned to discontinue the Enjoy MPV. Reports say that this is mainly because of the decline in sales numbers of this MPV.
If you want to sell your car in 72 hours visit IBB Sell Car section

saniajain90521
saniajain90521

Hi Folks.
Yes it is confirmed that General Motors will be discontinuing the sale of the Enjoy MPV very soon. General Motors has reportedly said that in India the sales figures of this MPV have not been very encouraging in the recent times and has mostly experienced a gradual decline.
The company has recently unveiled the Spin MPV that was supposed to be launched in India this year and it was also displayed at the Indian Auto Expo.
It has been gathered from sources close to the car maker that they have got plans to withdraw the Enjoy MPV starting from the end of this month. The demand of the MPV segment has been reducing with the booming trend of compact SUVs in the Indian car market.
The Chevrolet Enjoy was launched in the Indian MPV segment back in 2013 and was on offer with both petrol and diesel engine variants. The petrol model is driven by a 1.4 litre four cylinder motor that produces 100PS of max output and 131Nm of max torque. The diesel model is driven by a 1.3 litre four cylinder engine that produces 75PS of output and 172Nm of max torque. Both the variants come coupled to a five speed manual gearbox.
Reportedly, the car manufacturer is planning to go for a total product rejig. Chevrolet is expected to replace its Sail sedan model with the Essentia compact sedan. And, the present model of Beat which is being sold in the Indian car market will soon get an update, while a crossover model of this hatchback called the Beat Activ is also under way.

ramesh.krishnanmac19
ramesh.krishnanmac19

Yes it is true.

This is what they said.

In May, GM sold a total of 2615 units recording a decline of 20.4 percent. It produced a total of 3647 units in May and exported 1680 units, recording a growth of 321 percent in exports. The company has doubled its exports target for this year.

They will launch at least five product in the next 24 months in India.

Source ET Auto.

itsghanshyamp15
itsghanshyamp15

Hi All,

Thanks for providing such valuable news in brief about general motors.

Regards

1-5 of 5

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply