How do you easily spot a bad driver?

Back to Bad Driver

How do you easily spot a bad driver?

nehamehta2344
nehamehta2344

Hello All,
I was recommended by a friend of mine to check out Indian Blue Book forum (IBB forum) for building a good knowledge base and view point from the posts that you share here.
I have recently learnt how to drive a car and am enjoying it greatly. I aspire to be a great driver with not only good ethics of driving but also good knowledge about cars and everything related to them!
Can you tell me how to easily spot a bad driver on the road, so that I can learn and not make those same mistakes or problems?

Best Regards,
Neha Mehta

subramanian_subu
subramanian_subu

Hi Neha, welcome to Indian Blue Book (IBB forum).

It is really great that you are keen to take up good driving as a habit and know in depth about cars.
Well, to identify bad drivers on the road, here are few pointers which I find quite useful. You can also try to gauge by these:

You must have seen tailgaters. A bad driver tends to abruptly apply the brakes in order to ward off a tailgater. While tailgating is a very risky thing, it is nothing in comparison to the brake check. Instead of pulling over or changing lanes, the bad drivers apply hard brakes which means the drivers behind them must also quickly apply their brakes equally hard else there might be serious accident. Using turning indicators are very important. There are people on the roads that change lanes without bothering to use indicators, or worse, sit at an intersection without warning other drivers about the direction they want to go. Using your car’s turn indicators is the best way to communicate your travel intentions to others. This is less likely to cause an accident.

Make this a rule that if the windscreen wipers are on, the car head lamps should also be on, even if it is during the daytime. Many people do not understand that this has got less to do with improving what you can see from behind the wheel and more to do with making your car visible to other drivers on the road. It does not make sense to delay turning on the head lights in bad weather since that might lead you to getting in an accident.

Overtaking from the left is illegal and in most instances it is highly dangerous. Although it is very tempting, doing so can put you and others around you in a dangerous predicament. Most drivers will not expect someone to pass them on the left, and as such they usually won’t check their left blind spot as often as their right.

It is difficult to say exactly what makes a driver want to move slowly in the right lane while driving. Driving slower than the usual flow of traffic in the right lane causes other drivers on the road to make poor decisions when it comes to overtaking them leading to accidents.

Must Read: Indian Blue Book Research

Best Regards,
Subu

Last updated 4 years ago

nairrajesh4123
nairrajesh4123

Well said Subu....

Wonderful content in Indian Blue Book Research Category......

Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh Nair

aki007016
aki007016

Well said Subu..

This thread is pretty cool.. and also read the IBB Research Category loads of information.

Best Regards,
Akki

enoch.aiman26
enoch.aiman26

Well said Subu

Thanks for this thread...

ramesh.krishnanmac19
ramesh.krishnanmac19

Well said.. Subu... Thanks

Wonderful Thread.

Best Regards,
Ramesh Krishnan

s_choudhary3236
s_choudhary3236

Wow...Wonderful thread....

Thanks Subu

Best Regards,
Sudhir Choudhary

ian_matthew38
ian_matthew38

Well said Subu...

Wonderful Thread and nice research from in IBB Blog section.

Best Regards,
Ian Matthew

subramanian_subu
subramanian_subu

Hey guys.. thank you...for your response.

Best Regards,
Subu

1-9 of 9

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply