Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched during Diwali

Back to Maruti Suzuki Ignis

Maruti Suzuki Ignis to be launched during Diwali

mishra.ekta5731
mishra.ekta5731

Hello,
I am new to this place and am thinking of going for the Maruti Ignis which I read is going to be launched in the second half of 2016 this year.
I have heard that this forum is great to get genuine info about cars and bikes and I am really looking forward to knowing something about the Maruti Suzuki Ignis.
Can you please help me with suggestions regarding this?

Last updated 1 year ago

aki007016
aki007016

Hi Ekta.
Welcome to IndianBlueBook Forum. I have mentioned some points about the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. Hope this info helps you.

From whatever I could gather about this Ignis from Maruti Suzuki, the car maker has not yet divulged much info about the India specific model of this car which is expected to be launched around Diwali this year. But from the Japanese model here is what we came to know:

Must Read Maruti Suzuki Ignis At Auto Expo 2016

1. Maruti Suzuki Ignis is a car that is quite easy to drive.
  2. It comes in a compact dimensional attributes.
  3. It has got great visibility from high eye-point.
  4. The ground clearance of 180mm is definitely an attraction for the Ignis.
  5. The Japanese version of this car is driven by a 1.2 litre DUALJET engine (K12C) with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) technology that is capable of delivering 91PS of power output and 118Nm of peak torque.
  6. The 4WD variant of Ignis comes equipped with features that support driving on steep slopes and snow too.
  7. Hill Descent Control and Grip Control (HDC) can limit the speed of this car to 7 kmph while travelling down a steep slope.The Grip Control on the other hand ensures a smooth startup of the engine on slippery roads by controlling the engine torque and brakes.
  8. Inside the car, the rear seats can slide forward to provide more boot space which makes it great for long trips.
  9. The navigation system that has been given comes with built in memory and is compatible with Apple CarPlay.
  10. There are various other safety features too, like Dual Camera Brake Support (DCBS), SRS front airbags, SRS curtain airbags which are available as an option on certain trims.

Experts are speculating that not all these features would come in the India model. Some features that could be left out to keep the car cost low are likely to be the 4WD system, Hill Descent Control, Grip Control, 1.2 litre DUALJET engine. We can perhaps expect Maruti Suzuki to add the 1.2 litre K-Series petrol engine with VVT that also drives the Swift and Ritz and the 1.3 litre DDiS diesel engine, Dual Camera Brake Support and SRS curtain airbags.

ian_matthew38
ian_matthew38

Maruti Suzuki Ignis... looks pretty cool...

Thanks for sharing. We will have to wait for booking number...

Best Regards,
Ian Matthew

pinaki_mehta46
pinaki_mehta46

Hi everyone,

The latest reports on the web suggest that the prices of the Ignis are likely to start at Rs 5.5 lakh and could go all the way up to Rs 7.3 lakh. However, we have to wait until the launch of the model to get to know the exact pricing of the Ignis in the Indian market.

Source - IB Times

Best Regards,
Pinaki Mehta

subramanian_subu
subramanian_subu

Hi All,

Ignis will be sold via Nexa premium dealership chain of Maruti Suzuki. When launched, it will rival the Mahindra KUV100. The Ignis is expected to get a price tag in the range of Rs. 5 lakh to Rs. 7 lakh.

Let us wait and watch.

Best Regards,
Subu

sarvadnya.naik
sarvadnya.naik

hi all

very informative posts ... but the Indian version of Ignis will get the same old 1.2 ltr engine which is present with Maruti and used in every other car it produces.... never the less the Nexa experience can make the difference in customer experience and we all can rely on Maruti value form money propositional and minimal cost of ownership for the end user.

Regards Sarvadnya

Last updated 1 year ago

itsghanshyamp15
itsghanshyamp15

Hi All,

Actually I have started liking Maruti Suzuki Ignis. The design, make and interior are really fantastic along with the features and specifications. I cant wait much. I am planning to buy Ignis and hence this is my first car i have less knowledge about the car's. I am bit confused which one to buy Diesel or Petrol(Vdi or Zxi). As I have heard Maruti cars have minimal CTO, so i planned for Maruti Ignis.

Last updated 1 year ago

pinaki_mehta46
pinaki_mehta46

Hi,

This one unique knowledge i had got about Maruti Ignis in such detailed manner.

Thanks

1-8 of 8

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply