Welcome to IndianBlueBook Forum. I have mentioned some points about the Maruti Suzuki Ignis. Hope this info helps you.
From whatever I could gather about this Ignis from Maruti Suzuki, the car maker has not yet divulged much info about the India specific model of this car which is expected to be launched around Diwali this year. But from the Japanese model here is what we came to know:
Must Read Maruti Suzuki Ignis At Auto Expo 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis is a car that is quite easy to drive.
- It comes in a compact dimensional attributes.
- It has got great visibility from high eye-point.
- The ground clearance of 180mm is definitely an attraction for the Ignis.
- The Japanese version of this car is driven by a 1.2 litre DUALJET engine (K12C) with SHVS (Smart Hybrid Vehicle by Suzuki) technology that is capable of delivering 91PS of power output and 118Nm of peak torque.
- The 4WD variant of Ignis comes equipped with features that support driving on steep slopes and snow too.
- Hill Descent Control and Grip Control (HDC) can limit the speed of this car to 7 kmph while travelling down a steep slope.The Grip Control on the other hand ensures a smooth startup of the engine on slippery roads by controlling the engine torque and brakes.
- Inside the car, the rear seats can slide forward to provide more boot space which makes it great for long trips.
- The navigation system that has been given comes with built in memory and is compatible with Apple CarPlay.
- There are various other safety features too, like Dual Camera Brake Support (DCBS), SRS front airbags, SRS curtain airbags which are available as an option on certain trims.
Experts are speculating that not all these features would come in the India model. Some features that could be left out to keep the car cost low are likely to be the 4WD system, Hill Descent Control, Grip Control, 1.2 litre DUALJET engine. We can perhaps expect Maruti Suzuki to add the 1.2 litre K-Series petrol engine with VVT that also drives the Swift and Ritz and the 1.3 litre DDiS diesel engine, Dual Camera Brake Support and SRS curtain airbags.