Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs. the competition

Back to Vitara Brezza Competition

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs. the competition

itsghanshyamp15
itsghanshyamp15

Hello All!!

I am an avid follower of your posts in this forum. I have a question today. I am planning to buy a car. I am eyeing the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza but would still like to know a comparison with the Hyundai Creta which seems to have garnered a lot of demand now.

subramanian_subu
subramanian_subu

Good to see you back Ghanshyam.

The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza seems to have taken the Indian car industry with a storm since it was first launched. Maruti Suzuki claims that more than 20,000 bookings for the Brezza have been recorded within a fortnight of its launch. But the Indian Car of the Year Hyundai Creta is offering a very stiff competition to the Maruti Brezza. Hyundai has also claimed that the Creta has clocked a sale of around 56,000 units with more than one lakh bookings still in the queue. So you can very well imagine the demand that both cars have in the market.

Coming to engine specs, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is powered by a 1.3 litre DDIS diesel motor with four cylinders that is capable of producing peak output of 88 bhp @4000rpm and peak torque of 200Nm @1750rpm. This engine comes coupled with a five speed manual transmission. On the other hand, the Hyundai Creta is available in three engine variants - a 1.6 litre dual VTVT petrol engine, a 1.4 litre U2 CRDi diesel engine and a 1.6 litre CRDi diesel engine. The 1.6 litre, 4 cylinder Dual VTVT petrol engine produces a max of 124 bhp @6400rpm and 154Nm @4850rpm of peak torque. The 1.4 litre U2 CRDi diesel engine produces power output of 89 bhp @4000rpm and peak torque of 224Nm @1500rpm, while the 1.6 litre CRDi diesel motor offers a peak of 126 bhp @4000rpm and overall torque of 265Nm @1900rpm. Hyundai is also offering two transmissions, a six speed manual and a six speed automatic.

Talking about overall dimensions, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza comes with a wheel base of 2500 mm and is 3995 mm in length, 1790 mm in width and 1640 mm in height. The ground clearance of the Vitara Brezza is 198 mm. The Hyundai Creta comes with a wheelbase of 2590 mm, with length of 4270 mm, width of 1780 mm, length of 1630 mm and ground clearance of 201mm, making it a larger that offers more space too.

If you want to see this Specs in detailed manner here is the Link : Vitara Brezza vs Hyunda Creta you can also change the varaint.

aki007016
aki007016

I would like to add to this the affordability factor for both cars.

The Vitara Brezza’s top variant, the ‘ZDI+’ diesel costs about 9.54 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi, which is nearly 1.2 lakh less than the Creta’s 1.4 diesel ‘S’ variant which costs about 10.7 lakh.

Check the the top end variant level comparsion - Vitara Brezza vs Hyunda Creta

mahesh.mehtac17
mahesh.mehtac17

Yes Aki,

Price does matter but.. I would prefer Creta over Vitara Brezza.

The Creta is definitely larger and roomier on the inside than the Vitara Brezza.

itsghanshyamp15
itsghanshyamp15

hi all

very comprehensive information about both the cars. .. but i think Vitara Brezza is a well positioned product for the Indian market and the Maruti has yet again has show its better understanding about the indian customer.

regards ghanshyam

1-5 of 5

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply