Mitsubishi Montero To Make A Re-entry In India

Back to Montero To Make A Re-entry

Mitsubishi Montero To Make A Re-entry In India

siddhipal39
siddhipal39

Hello everyone,

You guys are doing a great job by providing useful tips and info about cars.

I want to know if anyone has got an idea about the Mitsubishi Montero? I hear that it is slated to make a re-entry into the Indian car market? Is this info correct?

Best Regards,
Siddhi Pal

Last updated 5 years ago

ramesh.krishnanmac19
ramesh.krishnanmac19

Hello Siddhi,

Yes I have also read about this thing on the Internet that renowned car makers Mitsubishi is all geared up to launch the Montero SUV in the Indian car market once again, which is expected to be sometime later in this year. On sale as the Pajero in international car markets, the Montero was discontinued in 2011 in India. The car maker has plans to sell this car as a CBU in our country. As of now, Mitsubishi only sells the Pajero Sport in India.

The Pajero Sport from the house of Mitsubishi is a high performing SUV. Mitsubishi has plans to launch a slightly modified version of the Pajero to give a boost to its sales in India. This model is undoubtedly one of the most attractive SUVs that are there in the Indian car market with both manual and automatic transmissions available.

Best Regards,
Ramesh Krishnan

s_choudhary3236
s_choudhary3236

Hi Sidhhi & Ramesh,

I really do not understand how launching or rather re-launching the new Montero is going to help Mitsubishi in any way! They were anyway planning to bring in the new Pajero Sport to the car market of India. Advancing the launch of the Pajero Sport would have been a better idea than re-launching the Montero SUV if their intention is to revive the lost position for Mitsubishi in the Indian subcontinent.

Best Regards,
Sudhir Choudhary

pavangreat4037
pavangreat4037

Seriously, I agree with you Sudhir!

To me, this feels like they are just attempting to make a place in India by trying to draw consumers with the final pieces before they finally shut down their operations in India. They are simply planning to bring another sales dud to the Indian car market in order to justify shutting down the company here for good.

Best Regards,
Pavan Naik

ian_matthew38
ian_matthew38

Lol I don't even remember Mitsubishi had Montero SUV.

But any thanks for the information, looking forward for performance in SUV race.

Best Regards,
Ian Matthew

pinaki_mehta46
pinaki_mehta46

Hi All,

Dealers too have confirmed that they are accepting bookings for the SUV at a starting amount of Rs. 10 lakh, while the asking price is expected to be a whopping Rs. 70.43 lakh (ex-showroom, Mumbai), with the Montero arriving as a CBU.

Source - Car and Bike

Best Regards,
Pinaki Mehta

1-6 of 6

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply