Need help buying a used car

Back to Buying a Used Car

Need help buying a used car

nehamehta2344
nehamehta2344

Hello everyone,

I am a regular follower of IBB Forum. I am planning to buy a second hand car soon, and would like to know what things I should keep in mind before choosing one.

Can you please provide your valuable suggestions regarding the factors I should consider before purchasing a pre-owned car?

Best Regards
Neha Mehta

aditya23.m57
aditya23.m57

Hi Neha

This is one question that frequently does the rounds amongst person-to-person conversations as well as on social media. With so many choices it is indeed a challenging thing to hunt down the right car. But yes, there are certain key points that you should take care of, before buying a used car.

Here are some tips that will be of help to you:

Budget:
The most fundamental decision that you need to take is to ascertain an amount that you can spare for buying a car. Thus, it will be wise of you to only look into those cars which can fit into your budget.

Type of car:
Once the budget is fixed, assess your requirements and select a car that suits those. It is also very important to decide at this stage, whether you prefer a petrol car or a diesel one.

Fuel economy:
This is one of the most considered features offered by a car. With the rising fuel prices, Indians in general are very particular about the fuel efficiency of a particular car.

Seller:
It is advisable to buy the car from an authorized dealer, even if it is a second hand car. Almost all leading manufacturers of the country including Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, and Toyota operate a separate wing for used cars. Purchasing a second hand car from these manufacturers will ensure that after sales and services are provided.

Physical Check:
Once you have shortlisted a certain car, it is crucial to make a physical check of the vehicle. In the meantime, you should also check the history of the car – distance travelled, age of the car, ownership transfers, original papers and certificates- all of these things should be verified carefully.

I should also mention that if you are buying a car from an individual owner, make sure the seller properly transfers the title and registration to you. If the deal is not closed correctly, there could be after-sale hassles.

Best Regards,
Aditya Mehta

Last updated 4 years ago

subramanian_subu
subramanian_subu

Hi Neha,

I would suggest you to do some research on the car that you’re going to buy. Check out the car portals and auto magazines in order to be sure that you’re making the right choice. Besides taking the opinion of friends and relatives, reading online reviews can also guide you better.

Once you’ve zeroed on in a particular car, you should test drive the vehicle yourself and see how it feels. If you find the car good enough, you can proceed to seal the deal. Also, do not hesitate to negotiate. You may get the car for a lower price, if you negotiate judiciously.

Best Regards,
Subu

s_choudhary3236
s_choudhary3236

Hi,

Aditya and subu have given very much vital points . Neha you should consider this points before buying a car.

Regards

pavangreat4037
pavangreat4037

Hi,

Guys you were shared every aspect of cars area before buying. So people can analyse easily using this information.

Regards

neetinpatidar00764
neetinpatidar00764

While planning to replace your used car with a brand one, if you plan to first sell off the used car and then channelize the profit that you have made while buying that new car, then finding out the actual market value of your used car is of greatest importance. Knowing the true value of your used car is very helpful because it offers an idea of the amount of cash inflow you can actually expect by selling off the car. Used car valuation can also help to plan accordingly for further expenses in future and can also help to determine the next car purchase. http://www.indianbluebook.com/ is best way to to buy used car.

Last updated 3 years ago

1-6 of 6

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply