New Honda Jazz: What is missing from the old one?

Back to New Honda Jazz

New Honda Jazz: What is missing from the old one?

anandroy8353
anandroy8353

Hello everyone.

I have newly joined this forum. As an automobile enthusiast, I am really happy to have discovered a platform where I can get a lot of information about all sorts of cars, and also give my inputs.

I want to know what are the differences between the new Honda Jazz and the old one?

Regards,
Anand Roy

ian_matthew38
ian_matthew38

Hello Anand and welcome to Indian Blue Book Forum (IBB Forum).

I have recently purchased the new Honda Jazz, while one of my friends has been using the older version of it since the last few years. So, I have a fair idea of the additional features that the new Honda Jazz is endowed with. The makers have not made any major changes for the 2015 model, and so the car still offers the tall and spacious cabin it’s become known for. The headlights and grille are now integrated into one ‘wing’ fascia. Overall, the car looks a lot sharper and sportier.

The interior has been thoroughly overhauled for this third generation model. The steering wheel now comes with new buttons for controlling the cruise control and stereo. Just like the old model, the large quarter light windows just behind the windscreen pillars gives improved forward visibility, which is useful in busy cities. The new chrome-surrounded air vents add some visual eye-candy and the instrument cluster has been redesigned.

When it comes to driving and engines, the old Jazz came with a choice of 89hp 1.2 or a 99hp 1.4 litre petrol engines. For the new model, Honda has fit a 1.3 litre 101hp unit newly developed for the Jazz. It is clearly faster than the old 1.4. Talking about equipments, the new Jazz has got a virtue of the optional Honda Connect Infotainment system, which neatly handles Bluetooth, audio roles, CVT transmission, paddle shifters, etc. Honda has also added a reversing camera to the new version. The old Honda Jazz came it decent equipments, but when compared to its rivals, it may look a little sparse.

In my opinion, the new model addresses all the drawbacks of the old Jazz while retaining its good qualities. It looks smart, is supremely spacious and comes with Honda’s strong brand value. Even my friend feels the same after taking a look at my car.

Best Regards,
Ian Matthew

pro.gauravg25
pro.gauravg25

Hi Anand & Ian

As far as I know, the new Jazz is significantly stronger than its forebear. The slab-like sides of the previous generation have made way for a more sculpted side. There are reflectors on either side of the side-screen. This one is finished in black instead of chrome. It also features a larger air intake. The new Honda Jazz is also expected to give a class leading mileage in the range of 25 kmpl. More importantly, it is cheaper than before and will come equipped with a diesel engine option. Also, the transmission options include a 5-speed manual and a CVT option. The diesel variant is also a major attraction for car-buyers!

Best Regards,
Gaurav

pratyushkhanvilkar22
pratyushkhanvilkar22

hi all

great information which will help others to decide

regards

pro.gauravg25
pro.gauravg25

Hi

I never read so much detailed information at any forum specially an auto area. Tanks guys for sharing your knowledge and views.

Regards

1-5 of 5

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply