Seeking some knowledge about good CNG cars

Back to Best CNG cars

Seeking some knowledge about good CNG cars

mailakshaym62
mailakshaym62

Hello all.

I am a new member of IBB Forum.

I am seeking some knowledge about good CNG cars. Can you guys help me with your ideas and suggestions?

Regards, Akshay

itsghanshyamp15
itsghanshyamp15

Hello Akshay, welcome to IBB Forum.

The good news is that, India has finally risen up to the need for eco-friendly cars and manufacturers have now spoilt us for choice. You can now get everything from a small car, a hatchback to even an MPV with an option of CNG. The smallest CNG car in India is the Tata Nano. Under the hood, Tata Nano CNG houses the 624 cc, water-cooled, two cylinder engine developing 32 bhp in CNG mode and 37 bhp in petrol mode.

The best part is, it comes at a price of only about Rs. 2.69 lakhs. Tata has indeed done a fabulous job in fitting the CNG tank in the mini hatchback, given the petite size of the car. In fact, the vehicle can sense when the driver needs more power, and thus, can automatically shift to petrol mode. Thanks to a push-button fuel type selector, you can effortlessly switch between CNG and petrol driving modes on-the-go.

Best Regards,
Ghanshyam

aki007016
aki007016

Hi Akshay,

The most popular small car in the A segment, Maruti Alto 800 is available in CNG variant. it is one of the best CNG cars in India with a low cost of ownership.

Very Important to check Total Cost to Ownership for any vehicle.

The petrol variant returns a fuel economy figure of 22.74 km/l, CNG returns a good 30.46 km/kg.

Best Regards,
Akki

Last updated 3 years ago

adinair5655
adinair5655

Hi,

I am greatful for sharing such valuable data about CNG cars .

Regards

mahesh.mehtac17
mahesh.mehtac17

Hi All,

Besides Alto 800, Maruti India has also come up with another small car in the entry level B segment hatchback, the Celerio. It is called the Maruti Celerio Green. It comes with a factory-fitted CNG kit, and returns an impressive 31.79 km/kg mileage. The installed CNG kit is the same MSI patented iGPI system, found on the Maruti WagonR and Ertiga as well.

Best Regards,
Mahesh Mehta

nikhil.rajputdr18
nikhil.rajputdr18

Hello Akshay welcome to IBB Forum,.

The Maruti WagonR is also available with CNG kit. It comes with the LXi variant in the line-up which derives power from the same 998 cc petrol mill which powers the regular petrol trim. Maruti cars are anyway known for their frugal nature.

In fact, the makers have been working in a number of ways to enhance the way people drive and Maruti says that there is a marginal difference in the power delivery when in CNG mode. Wagon R promises to deliver a mileage of 26.6 km/kg in CNG mode, which is quite impressive!

Best Regards,
Nikhil Rajput

ramesh.krishnanmac19
ramesh.krishnanmac19

Hi Akshay,

The fact that Maruti Suzuki is good at tapping consumers is also evident in the fact that Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is the only CNG powered MPV in India. In this car, Maruti has managed to pack in quite a lot of features. I have been driving the Ertiga myself over the last few years, and can say that the CNG variant is a very good car for day to day traffic conditions.

You can also consider the Alto K10 which is available in CNG version.

Best Regards,
Ramesh Krishnan

ian_matthew38
ian_matthew38

Hi,

Here I have found great experience sharing and information about the CNG cars. I never gone through such car forum like this.

Regards

1-8 of 8

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply