Should there be stricter penalties for honking?

Back to Stricty penalties for honking

Should there be stricter penalties for honking?

ian_matthew38
ian_matthew38

Hi everyone,

I am a keen follower of IndianBlueBook Forum and feel that the views and info that you guys share are really useful.

I came across this news about penalties for using the horn too much and wanted to know your views on this. Do you think if there should be stricter penalties for honking?

Even if we leave aside the western countries, there are many countries in Asia where strict and stricter penalties are imposed for unnecessary honking on the roads. I feel that is the only way to make people abide by the law in India too.

Best Regards,
Ian Matthew

ppriti200628
ppriti200628

Hello Ian,

My ask is, how do we figure out how much honking is too much honking?

There are a lot of grey regions in my opinion, like, In the Delhi-NCR region, I have seen many wannabe VIP cars rushing around the place like white SUVs which come with 'hooters' fitted to them. These are illegal fitments, but no one seems to bother. Thankfully the menace of the red beacon has been reduced after much stringent police action was put in place.

It is high time that we had some really strict fines imposed for not only honking, but for all sorts of traffic violations. There are so many things that need to be enforced strictly, but sadly enough, such rules will only make more way for our law enforcement officers to undertake 'negotiations' if you can understand what I want to imply here.

Best Regards, Priti Pawar

Last updated 3 years ago

nikhil.rajputdr18
nikhil.rajputdr18

Hi Ian and Priti,

The laws to curb illogical horn blowing by cars do exist for the night times – we are also banned to use any kind of horn in the places around residential complexes. But it is extremely tough to keep a check on it. First thing is who will keep the check? Blowing a horn is such a random thing and so wide spread that it can barely be predicted if someone will honk. Even if someone does honk, it is just for a moment, so that person can easily escape due to lack of any proof.

Moreover, honking is basically an act carried out by a number of random people. A crowd has no one face to it, and so it is almost impossible to say that one particular someone responsible.

There are laws which exist for type of horns which can be used. Each car is allowed to come with a certain kind of horn only, and they cannot change or upgrade it. So this keeps the nuisance controlled from a different angle up to certain point. But there is also a secondary car market, which easily allows you to replace the original horns with bigger horns and louder ones too, without any check or pre-requisite. So that beats the whole purpose again.

Best Regards,
Nikhil Rajput

pinaki_mehta46
pinaki_mehta46

Hi All,

Practice more widespread awareness campaigns. The local authorities should take necessary steps for it.

This might help.

Best Regards,
Pinaki Mehta

pratyushkhanvilkar22
pratyushkhanvilkar22

Hi,

This info should spread all over so authorized people and as well as people will take care of it.

Regards

Last updated 3 years ago

sarvadnya.naik
sarvadnya.naik

Hi,

I have agreed with Nikhil point on "Each car is allowed to come with a certain kind of horn only, and they cannot change or upgrade it." Nowadays younger generation using very loud horn and it creates pollution and disturbed specially at night.

All these points should be implement so it would be better of controlling noise pollution.

Regards.

1-6 of 6

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply