Which is the best AT compact/midsized car for hills

Back to Most fuel-efficient conventional midsize cars for climbing hills.

Which is the best AT compact/midsized car for hills

sarvadnya.naik
sarvadnya.naik

Hello everyone,

I am a regular follower of Indian Blue Book forum. It is really fascinating for an automobile enthusiast like me to have landed up on such a platform. So far, I have been able to gather a lot of information pertaining to cars through the interaction of members on this forum.

I would like to know which is the best AT compact/midsized car for hills. It would be great if you guys could put in your valuable suggestions.

Regards,
Sarvadnya Naik

itsghanshyamp15
itsghanshyamp15

Hello Sarvadnya,

You have not specified your budget, but I would still go ahead and give my inputs. I feel amongst the compact cars, Ford EcoSport is a great car for driving in hilly areas. Its overall dynamics can give a few cars a run for their money according to me. It also comes with hill launch assist. It has a 1.0 litre EcoBoost engine that has a nice flat torque curve, and being turbocharged, it is hardly affected by high altitudes. Also it has a high clearance and handles really well, which makes it very well-suited for narrow and congested hill roads.

Its arch nemesis, the Renault Duster is another great pick for hills. Its 30 degree approach angle and 36 degree departure angles can put many cars to shame. Its kerb weight of 1315 kg multiplies its off-roading capability. It provides soft suspension, ample ground clearance, good approach and departure angles that let it pad downhill gently. And when you climb uphill with Duster, you’ll be in for a surprise. Renault’s choice of the TL8 gearbox with the shorter ratios helps make up for the lack of a low-range option. Whether you roll off the gas or press down for more torque, your Duster will stride up as if it’s taking a stroll! Moreover, it can tackle most of the climb in second gear as well! Its robust and rugged build, coupled with independent suspension, which is rare in this budget, will give you an edge in hilly terrains.

You can also go for Volkswagen Polo GT TSI, which has a high-revving 1.2L TSI engine. It is an excellent performer which will give you mature suspension with a balance ride. Its safety kit comes with electronic stability program, hill-hold feature, dual airbags, and ABS. The DSG transmission and the turbocharging make sure that you have enough power and torque. It also features engine immobilizer, auto dimming IRVM, high mounted stop light, etc. what’s more, its power windows automatically roll down if it senses any obstacles.

Best Regards,
Ghanshyam

pratyushkhanvilkar22
pratyushkhanvilkar22

Hi Sarvadnya,

If you’re looking for AT compactor midsized cars for hillside driving, my first suggestion would be the Renault Duster, the AMT version. However, you can also consider Hyundai Creta, which is one of the best compact SUV with loads of safety features. it comes with 6 airbags and ABS with EBD, ESC, VSM (Vehicle Management Control), HAC (Hill-start Assist Control), lane change indicator, lane change flash adjustment, speed sensing auto door lock, steering wheel mounted controls, etc

Best Regards,
Pratyush Khanvilkar

nairrajesh4123
nairrajesh4123

Hello Everyone,

I agree with Ghanshyam aswell as Pratysuh.

Renault Duster and Ford Ecosport is very good choice for driving at hills.

For better understanding Compare Ford Ecosport & Renault Duster

Best Regards,
Rajesh Nair

anandroy8353
anandroy8353

Hi All,

I am new to IBB Forum. But after reading this thread it seems Ford Ecosport is the right choice.

Best Regards,
Anand Roy

aditya23.m57
aditya23.m57

Hi All ,

Thanks Ghanshyam and Pratyush sharing your view about AT compactor midsized cars It would be useful for me .

Regards

sarvadnya.naik
sarvadnya.naik

Hi,

I am really appreciate about your views it such detailed knowledge you guys are discussed

Regrads

1-7 of 7

Reply to this discussion

You cannot edit posts or make replies:

Post a reply